Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Watch Your Life and Doctrine

 Scripture:

"Watch your life and doctrine closely, Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers." I Timothy 4:16

Observation:

Paul tells Timothy here that he should watch or guard his life and doctrine closely.  He says to persevere in them or maintain them, keeping them pure because in the end, it will save him and those who listen to him.  

Application:

When we are diligent in watching over our own lives, we will stay in the right relationship with the Father.  When we stay in the Word and sound doctrine, we will live a life that is worthy of the Gospel. We must learn to remain pure in word and deed as we follow the Lord because our life affects others, especially so when we are leaders in the Kingdom.

Prayer:

Father, help me to live in such a way that You are honored and people see real, relevant Christianity.  Help me to demonstrate a life well lived to those around me.  Teach me to walk in oneness with You.  I long to walk closer each day in my relationship with You.  You are my heart's desire.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment