Friday, September 24, 2021

Do What God is Doing

 Scripture:

“The Lord, the Lord Almighty, called you on that day to weep and to wail, to tear out your hair and put on sackcloth. But see, there is joy and revelry, slaughtering of cattle and killing of sheep, eating of meat and drinking of wine! “Let us eat and drink,” you say, “for tomorrow we die!””  ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭22:12-13‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, God is speaking through Isaiah to His people.  He tells them that He had called them to wail, weep, tear out their hair and put on sackcloth.  Instead, they were having joy, revelry, slaughtering animals, eating meat and drinking wine.  They were doing the opposite of what God was calling them to do.  

Application:

We must be sensitive to what God is speaking in each season of our lives.  We shouldn’t be partying when God says to weep and we shouldn’t be crying when God says to walk in joy.  This is called being in step with the Holy Spirit.  We must learn to do what God is doing and speak what He is saying.  I want to feel what He is feeling and do what He is doing.  

Prayer:

Father, let my life be in step with You at all times.  Help me to walk in cadence with Your voice.  When is time to cry, let me cry.  When its time to celebrate, let me celebrate.  Help me to know the times and the seasons.  Show me when to fast and pray and when to relax and enjoy life.  Let me walk in step with You every day.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment