Sunday, September 19, 2021

A Vision of God

 Scripture:

“In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple.”  ‭Isaiah‬ ‭6:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Isaiah had a vision of God on the year King Uzziah died.  He was drastically impacted by his encounter with God.  His encounter, at the beginning of his ministry, probably had a strong impact on his obedience and service for the Lord the rest of his life.  He saw the throne room of God and his life was changed. 

Application:

I know my life was changed on the day I also saw the Lord in His throne room.  The power in that room was unthinkable.  You could feel the power and energy that was capable of destroying the earth in a second if He wanted to.  It was amazing, but I want more enounters with Him.  I want to have more visions of the Lord and His power.  I long to see God move in my generation.  

Prayer:

Lord, open my eyes to see You high and lifted up.  Open my eyes to see You in all Your splendor.  I long for You.  Having tasted of Your presence, I long for more.  Help me to stay hungry and not become so professional in ministry that I lose my passion and love for You.  I want to know You more and more and not lean on my own attributes.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment