Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Trust God and Don’t Fear Man

 Scripture:

“Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.”  ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭29:25‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Fear of man here is said to be a snare, a trap, something that causes you to get caught by a hunter.  Trusting in the Lord is said to keep us safe.  It is easy to get trapped by the fear of man.  We long for man’s approval on whatever we do, but the opinion of God should always be sought after more than the opinions of man.

Application:

I have always struggled with the fear of man. I am a person who longs for people’s approval.  I like people to like me.  I have fought this battle most of my life.  I do trust the Lord and want to trust Him more and more.  I don’t want to be trapped in anyone’s snares, but simply want to trust the Lord and do what He says.  My life’s goal is to hear “Well done good and faithful… You did everything I asked You to do.”

Prayer:

Father, help me to fear and trust You over what any man or woman thinks.  Teach me to trust Your words over the words of people.  Enable me to be faithful and not fearful of anything or anyone.  I am Yours and I want to serve You well.  I want to reflect Your image to the world.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment