Thursday, September 30, 2021

God Doesn’t Need My Advice

 Scripture:

“Who is able to advise the Spirit of the Lord? Who knows enough to give him advice or teach him?” ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Isaiah asks a couple questions in this passage that are good for us as well.  He asks who can advise the Spirit of the Lord. In other words, “who gives God advice or teaches Him?”.  When you start giving God advice, you really struggle with a pride problem, yet we do it so often.  We seem to think we are smarter than God and can handle things on our own.

Application:

We need to be very careful about giving God advice.  He is the source of all wisdom and we have access to Him.  How awesome is that?!?  Even though that statement is true, we always tend to want to handle things ourselves and tell God what He needs to do for our situations.  Then we get frustrated when he doesn’t do what we think He should do.  It is much better to humble ourselves under the mighty hand of God and seek His guidance than to try to figure everything out on our own.

Prayer:

Father, help me to follow You well throughout my life.  Help me not to question what You are doing, but to humbly submit to Your will at all times.  I want to follow You well and do Your will, even when it doesn’t make sense to me.  Show me the way forward each day and I will do my best to follow Your lead. Forgive me for the times when I have tried to tell You what to do and how to do it.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment