Monday, September 6, 2021

Riches, Honor, and Life

Scripture:

 “Humility is the fear of the Lord; its wages are riches and honor and life.”  ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭22:4‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Solomon was a very wealthy and powerful man, yet he realized where riches, honor and life come from.  He says here that riches, honor and life are the wages for humility and the fear of the Lord.  When you fear God and humble yourself before Him, the payback is riches, honor and life.  Not bad wages.

Application:

Pride is something God refuses to honor and have any part in.  He loves humility in His people.  When we humble ourselves before Him and fear Him, He will raise us up and bring honor.  We must avoid pride and eat humble pie as much as possible in Kingdom business.  God takes those who totally depend on Him and live a life that pleases Him and raises them up to positions of honor.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, let my life continually fear and honor You and Your ways.  Teach me to walk in a way that pleases You.  Show me how to extend Your Kingdom more and more on this earth and enable me to be part of Kingdom Extension around the globe.  I love You and wheat You do.  Help me to walk closer each day and fulfill Your desires through my life.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment