Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Though it Cost You

 Scripture:

“The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.”  ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭4:7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Solomon is described as the wisest person to ever have lived.  He was definitely wise and incredibly wealthy.  He realized that wisdom and understanding are powerful in our lives.  He said that understanding may cost all you have, but you must get it.  No matter what the cost, he says we should go after understanding and wisdom.  We should seek to have an understanding heart.

Application:

In my mind, a heart that goes after understanding at any cost asks the question “why?” a lot.  WHY allows us to get to the heart of understanding something, no matter what it is.  It is not wrong to ask why.  It is actually very smart and leads to understanding.  I need to ask WHY a little more often and seek out truth and understanding so I can walk in wisdom and lead a wise and blessed life.

Prayer:

Father, I ask You today for a heart of wisdom and understanding.  Help me to pursue these things, though it may cost a lot.  Help me to be led by Your Spirit as I seek for truth and understanding.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment