Thursday, August 12, 2021

God is Awesome!

 Scripture:

“You, God, are awesome in your sanctuary; the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people. Praise be to God!”  ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭68:35‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Here the Psalmist declares that God is awesome in His sanctuary and that He gives power and strength to His people.  He then says, “Praise be to God!”  The awe over something means that it takes your breathe away.  It is so incredible you have no words to say.  God is all that.  He is more than enough and sometimes we must simply stand in awe of Him.  He gives us power and strength.  Power is the ability to accomplish work and strength is what we need to keep going.

Application:

God is the source of our power and our strength.  He is awesome!  There is nobody like Him.  It is good to meditate on the goodness and power of our God.  It is He that allows His power to flow through us and it is He who gives us the strength to keep on going.  Every good and perfect gift comes from Him.  I stand in  awe along with the Psalmist, at the goodness of God.  He is truly worthy to be praised.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, this morning I am reminded of just how awesome You are and how awesome You have been to me.  Yesterday, as I made some financial decisions, I saw the goodness of God in how You have brought us out of bondage and into freedom.  You have blessed my life over and over.  You are awesome in Your sanctuary!  You are awesome in Your deeds for Your children!  You are worthy to received all the praise and honor I could ever give You.  Let Your power and strength reside in me and let me extend Your kingdom in all the earth.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment