Wednesday, August 18, 2021

The Flock

 Scripture:

“for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care. Today, if only you would hear his voice,”.  ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭95:7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

In this section of Scripture, the author speak of us being the flock under God’s care.  He goes on to say “if only you would hear His voice.”  We are meant to be God’s flock of sheep.  Jesus is the great shepherd of our souls.  As sheep, our ultimate goal is to do what the shepherd wants us to do, knowing He will take care of us.

Application:

Trusting our shepherd is our goal.  When we trust the shepherd, we listened to His voice and go where He leads us.  Going where He leads us and doing what He tells us, is the ultimate act of trust.  It is saying that I trust God over my own decision making thoughts.  It is trusting Christ over our own choices and what we think needs to happen.  Sheep go where they are told, trusting the shepherd that He is going to take better care of them than they could take of themselves.  I need to learn to trust God more and more, listening for His voice.

Prayer:

Jesus, You said, “My sheep know my voice” and “the voice of another they won’t follow.”  The problem is not really the voice of another, but my own voice inside my head.  Help me to trust You over the thoughts in my own brain.  I’m glad to be a sheep in Your flock.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment