Thursday, August 19, 2021

Benefits

 Scripture:

“Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,”. ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭103:2-3‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist tells us here to praise the Lord and not to forget all His benefits.  He continues by saying that the Lord forgives all our sins and heal all our diseases.  We tend to easily believe the first part that He forgives all our sins, but many of us struggle with the second part about God healing all our diseases.  We need to be stronger in the word and believe it ALL, not just the parts that seem to work better than others.

Application:

I believe strongly in the healing power of God and have watched God heal countless people through the years.  Even though I have seen just about every major disease healed by God, I still don’t feel that I walk in a strong enough level of faith in this area.  I guess the struggle comes when people don’t get healed, or at least not like I thought they should.  Healing is a very sensitive area because there are so many who have had faith and not seen the healing.  I want to simply believe God’s word and see it work in my life.  I want to live by faith and not by sight.  The bottom line is, God does heal ALL our diseases and no disease is greater than He is.  I want to remember ALL His benefits and walk in them.

Prayer:

Father, help me to live a life of faith.  I have always believed I will see a great revival of Your healing power.  Let it happen in my generation.  We have so many diseases and sicknesses today.  Let Your healing power flow once again so strongly that the world takes notice of Your church.  Let miracle be commonplace again in Your house.  Let your people, and the people of the world, see Your benefits.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment