Friday, August 13, 2021

When My Heart Fails

 Scripture:

“My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”  ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭73:26‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist here is speaking about the faithfulness of God and how God gives us what we need forever.  He starts by saying that his heart and flesh may fail.  As humans we are weak, but God is strong. God is the strength of our hearts.   In other words, when I’m not strong enough, God is.  He strengthens me and is my portion, or inheritance, forever.

Application:

Sometimes, I can struggle with feeling like I’m failing at things in my life and that I’m not strong enough. I can say with the Psalmist, that my heart fails sometimes, but God is the strength of my heart.  It may fail, but not forever because God strengthens my heart.  I need to put my trust in God, who strengthens my heart, instead of in my own heart.  I consider my heart to be the place of my desire and my motivation.  When that fails, I need to trust in the Lord who strengthens those things in me.  

Prayer:

Father, You are the strength of my heart.  When my heart is overwhelmed and I don’t have the motivation to do what is necessary, give me the strength and heart to do what I know needs to be done.  Teach me to be strong in heart, passion, and motivation, knowing that You are my strength.  Help me to never lose vision and desire for the future.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment