Thursday, August 5, 2021

Reflection

 Scripture:

“Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.”  ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭34:5‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist says here that those who look to the Lord are radiant.  He says they are never covered in shame.  Shame is not part of those who look to the Lord.  Rather, those who look to Him become radiant or light bearing.  Shame makes you feel dark and depressed, Jesus makes you shine and be full of light.

Application:

The moon doesn’t really shine.  It simply reflects the light of the sun and we can see it brightly radiant in the sky.  When we look to God, our faces become radiant.  His glory begins to reflect on our faces and we are no longer full of shame and disgrace, but filled with Gods’ light and love.  The key is found in looking to the Lord.  What we look at, we will reflect.  What we spend tim gazing at, is the very thing we will reflect.  I want to reflect the glory of the Lord.  Therefore I must keep my eyes on Jesus at all times.

Prayer:

Father, I want to reflect Your glory.  I want to radiate light into a dark world.  Help me to never lose focus on You and Your presence.  Enable me to keep my eyes on You throughout my life and not to look to self or others.  I long to reflect Your glory and shine for You that many may come into Your kingdom.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment