Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Be Strong and WAIT

 Scripture:

“Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.”  ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭27:14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

David writes here and tells us to wait for the Lord.  While we are waiting, he says to be strong and take heart and wait.  It takes strength and heart to wait for God to come through on things we desire.  Sometimes what we have been believing and trusting God for may take more time than we want it to.  We are to wait on the Lord instead of proceeding on our own.

Application:

I am bad at pushing things through on my own instead of waiting on the Lord.  I like to see progress, therefore, it is difficult for me to wait.  I am realizing sometimes it takes more heart and strength to wait than it does to push forward doing things in my own timing.  Waiting sometimes feels like I’m doing nothing or not accomplishing things, but God loves for us to wait on Him.  It demonstrates more faith to wait than it does to simply pray and get answer quickly.

Prayer:

Father, strengthen me while I wait.  Meet with me while I wait.  Let Your presence be real to me while I wait on You and Your timing for things in my life.  Teach me to wait patiently on You and not to waiver in the process.  I want a building and land for our church, but teach me to wait until it is in Your time.  I have desires that are godly and good, but teach me to wait for Your appropriate time.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment