Sunday, August 8, 2021

Be Still

Scripture:

 “He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.””  ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭46:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist in this passage speaks on God’s behalf and says, “Be still, and know that I am God.”  He goes on to say He will be exalted among all the nations and all over the earth.  In others words, relax because it will all turn around one day.  I will be exalted among the nations and all over the earth.  Don’t be worried or anxious because I’ve got this under control and it won’t last forever.

Application:

When our heart gets anxious or upset because we don’t see God doing what we think He should do, we need to relax, be still, and know that He is still God and that one day He will rule the nations.  We can relax in the present because we know the latter outcome.  My trust is in the never-failing God.  Therefore, I am confident He wins in the end and I don’t have to get upset or nervous about today because we win in the end.  My word for the day is “RELAX”.  

Prayer:

Father, during this Sabbatical time, help me to relax in You and be confident that You have everything under control.  You are amazing and You will be exalted one day.  I would like to see You move in my generation though.  Thank You for bringing Cheryl and me into a steady place.  Thank You for setting our feet on the rock and bringing us into stability.  Let us see the day of Your prosperity and abundance.  I trust You with my life.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment