Monday, August 23, 2021

Self-talk

 Scripture:

“Return to your rest, my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.”  ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭116:7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, the Psalmist speaks to his own soul and tells is to return to its rest because the Lord has been good to you.  I love how in the Psalms we read the authors talk to themselves or at least to their own soul.  Here, the Psalmist tells his soul to rest because God has been good to him. 

Application:

Sometimes our soul needs to be reminded that we have peace in Christ.  Our mind, will, and emotions make up our soul and sometimes our emotions and mind can get us out of our place of rest.  We need to speak to them sometimes and tell them, “God is in control…calm down.”  Self-talk can be very powerful in reminding our soul who God is and how much He loves us when we are feeling like everything is out of control.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, let my spirit rise above my soul and body.  Let my spirit speak to my soul and tell it to return to its rest sometimes.  Help me to speak what I know is true to my own soul when it is overwhelmed.  After this Sabbatical, when the enemy tries to rob my rest, remind me to speak to my soul to return to rest because God is in control.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment