Sunday, August 15, 2021

No Good Thing

 Scripture:

“For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.”  ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭84:11‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist in this passage declares the goodness of God by saying that God bestows favor and honor.  He goes on to say that God doesn’t withhold any good thing from those whose walk is blameless.  God blesses His children.  He brings favor and honor to our lives.  When God’s favor is on us and He honors us, it will be noticeable.  He won’t withhold good from us, but lavishes us with His love and goodness.

Application:

God doesn’t delight in hurting His children or causing them problems.  He delights in showing them favor, honor and blessing.  God doesn’t delight in withholding blessings from us, but in getting blessings to us.  When our walk is blameless before the Lord, we can expect no good thing to be withheld from our lives.  We must walk humbly before the Lord, then realize He will bless us, which is better than striving to walk in blessing.

Prayer:

Father, I want to be right in Your eyes.  I want to walk with You, know You, understand You, and speak on Your behalf.  Teach me to know You more intimately.  Show me Your ways and let me see Your face.  I long for You oh Lord.  Let my life bring You honor and my lips bring You praise.  You are the best and I love You more every day.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment