Friday, August 6, 2021

Firm Steps

 Scripture:

“The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.”  ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭37:23-24‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist says here that those who delight in the Lord will have firm places to step.  Even then, if that person stumbles, God will uphold him with His hands.  He won’t fail.  God tells us that when we delight in Him, He will take care of us and make, even if we stumble, we will not fall.  Our steps will be firm.

Application:

God takes care of those who delight in Him.  They may fall, but He will uphold them with His hand.  The goal of our lives should be to delight in the Lord.  Taking delight in Him means we seek after Him.  We desire Him.  We love time in His presence.  These things lead to stability, strength, and firm steps.  If we want our steps to be firm and confident, we must delight ourselves in the Lord and His kingdom.

Prayer:

Father, help me to delight myself in You and not in other things.  You are the source of every good thing in my life.  You are my strength and my redeemer.  You are my everything.  As You know Lord, I don’t want to make any move or do anything outside of Your will.  I want to serve You well in my generation.  Teach me to delight myself in You and help me to walk in Your ways.

Forever Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment