Friday, August 27, 2021

Guard My Mouth

 Scripture:

“Set a guard over my mouth, Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips.”  ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭141:3‬ ‭NIV‬

Observation:

The Psalmist here in this passage is speaking to the Lord and says something that we should all be praying.  He tells the Lord to set a guard over his mouth and to watch over the door of his lips.  He understood that sometimes the mouth and speak things that can get us into trouble.  He knew his lips were powerful and therefore he needed God’s help to say the right things at the right times.

Application:

Our mouth, more than any other part of our body, needs restrained or guarded.  We tend to say things we really know we shouldn’t say and get ourselves into trouble.  An unrestrained tongue is an explosive device.  We need to ask God daily to help us harness our mouths and bring them under His control.  I need to learn when to speak and when not to speak.  I need to listened to the voice of the Holy Spirit and say only what He is saying at any given time.  

Prayer:

Lord, help me to say the right things at the right time.  Help me to be led by Your Spirit concerning my mouth.  I offer my life to You, empower me not to mess it up with the things I say.  Let my voice be used for your glory and not as something to destroy people.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment