Monday, August 16, 2021

UNDIVIDED

 Scripture:

“Teach me your way, Lord, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.”  ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭86:11‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage we hear the heart of the writer as he declares, “teach me your way, Lord…give me an undivided heart”.  Two things are sought after in this verse, the learn the way of the Lord and to have an undivided heart.  The first is so that he could rely on God’s faithfulness.  The second is so that he could fear God’s name. 

Application:

When we learn God’s ways, we will rely on His faithfulness.  His ways tells us how He works with people and from that we will learn more and more of His faithfulness.  When we have an undivided heart, we will fear His name.  Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.  An undivided heart is a powerful thing.  We don’t want split loyalties, but it does happen in all of our lives.  An undivided heart is unstoppable.  I don’t want my heart divided in any way.  I desire to walk with God with ALL my heart.

Prayer:

Lord God, give me an undivided heart.  Help me to walk in complete submission to You and Your will for my life.  Teach me to follow You completely and to leave nothing undone that You have prepared for me to do.  As Joshua and Caleb, let me WHOLLY follow the Lord.  Teach me to truly surrender ALL to You.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment