Monday, August 9, 2021

Overawed

 Scripture:

“Do not be overawed when others grow rich, when the splendor of their houses increases; for they will take nothing with them when they die, their splendor will not descend with them.”  ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭49:16-17‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist here gives us a reminder about what happens to our wealth when we die.  He tells us not to get over enthused about other people’s wealth gets them big houses, etc. because they will take nothing with them when they die.  No matter how much we accumulate on earth, we cant’ take it with us.

Application:

Our heart must be set, not on things of this world, which will perish one day, but on eternal things.  This earth will one day burn and everything we have accumulated will return to nothing, but eternal investments, Kingdom Investments, are eternal.  I want to be a person who is blessed in this life, but I want to invest more in my eternal future than in my present.  We need to realize that God blesses us in the here and now, but that can’t be the focus of our lives.  Everything we accumulate here will fade away, but what we accumulate in heaven will last for eternity.  

Prayer:

Father, let my life count for eternity.  I do desire to be blessed here in this life, but I want to invest more in the future with You than here on this earth.  Help me to walk a life that balances well the blessings on earth with keeping my focus and attention on heaven.  Teach me not to be overawed by the wealth around me in Northern VA.  Help me to keep my perspective right.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment