Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Rely on God

 Scripture:

“You are my strength, I sing praise to you; you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely.” ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭59:17‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist here is speaking to the Lord in song.  He tells the Lord, “You are my strength, I sing praise to you; you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely.”  God is referred to here as the Psalmist’s strength, fortress and the one he can rely on.  He had total confidence in the Lord as his protector and defender.  He knew he could rely on the Lord.

Application:

Being able to rely on the Lord means I have to be able to rely less on my self.  In order to rely on God, I have to not rely on myself.  God must be our strength and fortress and we must learnt to rely on Him instead of ourselves.  We always feel we know what to do and even preach, “God gave you a brain, use it.”  Rather than relying on ourselves, we need to press in to the the Lord, trust Him and learn to rely on Him to lead us and guide us.  I need to rely less on myself and more on the Lord.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to rely on You and Your word.  Help me to stop taking things into my own hands and show me how to trust and rely more and more on You.  You are my everything and I want to rely on You instead of me more.  You truly are my strength and me refuge.  You are the one who gives me the strength I need every day and you are my hiding place, but teach me to rely completely on You.  Speak to me today.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment