Monday, August 30, 2021

Increase my Love

 Scripture:

“May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you.”  ‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭3:12‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells the Thessalonians here that they should let the Lord make their love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else.  Ever-increasing love for each other and everyone should be what we are after.  God is love and if we are His children, we should live a life of love.

Application:

If God is love, then we should desire to walk in love with each other and with everyone.  We should desire ever-increasing love to be part of our lives.  We should ask God to overflow us with His love for people.  Love should motivate everything we do.  Rather than judge people, maybe we should love people at a deeper level.  I want to love like Jesus loved.  Everyone saw love in action when they saw Jesus.  I want that in my life.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to walk in deeper love every day.  I want to love You well, love my family well, love others well, and love the lost well.  Let Your love fill me and overflow my life.  Today, as I speak at Aunt JoAnne’s funeral, let Your love flow through me to all of the friends and relatives there.  Let Your love consume me.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment