Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Surrounded

 Scripture:

“As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people both now and forevermore.”  ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭125:2‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, the Psalmist tells us that God surrounds His people like the mountains surround Jerusalem.  He also lets us know that He does this now and forevermore.  There is a song that says, “It may look like I’m surrounded, but I’m surrounded by You.”  We are surrounded by God.  He is our defense, strength, fortress, etc.

Application:

When it feels like I’m surrounded by those who are against me, may I never forget that I’m truly surrounded by the Lord.  We can have confidence that He is with us and protects us from every attack of the enemy.  Surrounded tells me God has my back, my side, and every part around me.  No matter where the attack comes from, He is there.  He’s got me surrounded.  I need to get that into my soul.

Prayer:

Father, let this word penetrate into my soul.  Let my mind, will and emotions always know that I’m surrounded by the Lord and He will take care of whatever comes my way.  Teach me to follow You closely and to walk in Your ways.  Thank You for surrounding me.  You are incredible and I appreciate You.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment