Wednesday, August 11, 2021

The Righteous Rejoice

Scripture:

 “The righteous will rejoice in the Lord and take refuge in him; all the upright in heart will glory in him!‭‭ Psalms‬ ‭64:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist says here that the righteous will rejoice in the Lord and find their refuge in him.  He also says that the upright in heart will glory in the Lord.  Rejoicing in the Lord literally means to do a happy dance.  In other words, those who live righteously will celebrate and also take refuge in the Lord.  Their glory will be in the Lord and not in themselves.  

Application:

We should treat each day as a celebration and live with joy in our hearts every day.  We have the God of the ages as our father, our protector and our defender.  He is my everything and therefore, I should live life doing a happy dance.  Lately, I have let the cares of this world drain my joy level.  I want my smile back and my joy back.  I want to rejoice in the Lord instead of be run down with the cares of life.  He is my righteousness, therefore, I simply need to seek Him more and my joy will return.

Prayer:

Father, help me to rejoice in You above all things.  You are my rock and my fortress.  You are my deliverer.  Help me to live with that simple joy I used to have.  Help me to walk through life with a smile on my face because my life is centered on You.  Help me to laugh more instead and to rejoice more in You.  You are the glory of my life!

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment