Sunday, August 1, 2021

Crowned

Scripture:

“what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them? You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor.”  ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭8:4-5‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist here speaks about man and why they God always watches over them.  He says that God cares for them and that He made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor.  We have been crowned with glory and honor above the rest of creation.  We are the only ones created in the image of God Himself.  

Application:

Sometimes I don’t feel like this describes me.  My feelings and the enemy say, “You are worthless, valueless, and are not successful at anything.”  When the enemy begins to speak these things, I must react with the Word of God.  I have been created a little lower than the angels and crowned with honor and glory.  God has placed me at the head and not the tail, the top and never the bottom.  I need to be more confident that I am made in the image of God and am not self-made.  I need to speak His word over my life more and more.

Prayer:

Father, help me to see myself as crowned with glory and honor.  Help me to see myself as You see me, created above all else, but a little lower than the angels.  Meet with me today and speak into my life as I go to church this morning.  I want more and more of You in my life.  I am Yours, forever.  Open the doors that need opened.  Shut the doors that need shut and help me to stay on Your track for my life.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment