Saturday, July 31, 2021

The Upright are Prtected

 Scripture:

“My shield is God Most High, who saves the upright in heart.”  ‭‭Psalms‬ ‭7:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

The Psalmist makes a simple, yet powerful statement here concerning his relationship with the Lord.  He says that his shield, is God and that God saves the upright in heart.  First he says God is the one who shields and protect his from his enemies, then he declares that God rescues those whose heart s are right with Him.  

Application:

God takes care of those who are pursuing Him and becoming more and more like Him.  We are only upright when we are walking in step with the Spirit.  He will convict us and show us what we need to be doing.  He will bring uprightness into our lives as we follow Him.  My job is to live upright, God’s job is to be my shield and protect me from the attacks of all enemies.  I need to walk in the Spirit at all times and do as He says in every situation.

Prayer:

Lord God, teach me to walk upright.  This can only be done through You.  It is You who purifies and cleanses.  Teach me to hear and obey Your voice at all times in my life.  Set Your shield around my life, my family, my church and my region.  Protect me from every attack of the enemy.  I am Yours.

Forever Following,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment