Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Lay it Before the Lord

 Scripture:

““But if I were you, I would appeal to God; I would lay my cause before him. He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted.”  ‭‭Job‬ ‭5:8-9‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Job’s friend is trying to bring some peace and comfort to him after he has lost everything and is wishing he were never born.  He gives good advice here.  He tells Job he would appeal to God and lay his cause before the Lord because God performs miracles unimaginable and uncountable miracles.  

Application:

When we are overwhelmed, we need to lay it all before the Lord.  God is all-powerful and is capable of doing whatever is necessary in our lives.  When we don’t know where to turn, or why things seem to be going wrong, we must run to the Lord and not away from Him.  He is our only hope.  In Him are all the answers we need.  We need to lay everything in our lives before the Lord who is all-powerful!

Prayer:

Father, I lay my life before You and You alone.  You are my Lord and my God.  You are my King and I trust You with my life.  When I feel overwhelmed, show me how to lay it down before You.  When I am stressed out, teach me to lay it before You and trust that You will take care of me.  I am Your and I will follow You all the days of my life.  Teach me to lay it down.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment