Thursday, July 22, 2021

My Mouth

 Scripture:

“But my mouth would encourage you; comfort from my lips would bring you relief.”  ‭‭Job‬ ‭16:5‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, Job is speaking to his friends and telling them they are doing a terrible job at trying to comfort him in his troubled times.  They were telling him he was self-righteous and that he had failed God at some point to be in the trouble he was in at this point.  His reply what that if they were in a bad situation his mouth would be encouraging them and his lips would be bringing them comfort and relief instead of more problems.

Application:

I want to always be an encourager.  We can either use the Bible to encourage people or to tear people down.  The Word of God can be used to point out people’s failures or it can be used to strengthen and edify God’s people.  I want to be more like the person Job describes here instead of tearing others apart, I want to encourage them and build them up.  Rather than pointing out their sins, I want to bring them to Jesus and let God and His word convict them.

Prayer:

Father, let my words be uplifting and encouraging always.  Help me not to point out people’s flaws and mistakes, but to encourage them and help them.  Show me how to use You word to lift others out of the pits of life instead of pushing them down further and further.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment