Sunday, July 25, 2021

Way to Wisdom

 Scripture:

“Where then does wisdom come from? Where does understanding dwell?… God understands the way to it and he alone knows where it dwells,”. ‭‭Job‬ ‭28:20, 23‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Job was a very wise person.  He had built an incredible life with riches and wealth.  He had made some very right moves throughout his life, but he knew where to find wisdom.  He says here that God knows the way to wisdom and He alone knows where it dwells.  In other words, God is the path to wisdom and will lead you there.

Application:

Wisdom is to be sought after in our lives.  Wise people make less mistakes and prosper more in life.  They key to wisdom, according to Job, is not found in books or mentors, but in the living God.  He knows the way to wisdom and He may guide you to books or mentors, but He knows the path to it.  In all of our seeking, we must seek the Lord and allow Him to guide us to wisdom.  Looking for wisdom apart from God is futile.  God is the source of all wisdom and I need to seek Him more to know what to do at all times in my life.

Prayer:

Father, grant me wisdom to make the right decisions.  Grant me wisdom to take the right steps.  Wisdom is found in You and I seek You this morning.  Guide my path according to Your plan.  Show me every day what I need to do that day.  Teach me to hear Your voice clearly and follow obediently.  Therein is my wisdom.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment