Saturday, July 24, 2021

Come Out of the Test Better

Scripture:

“But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.”  ‭‭Job‬ ‭23:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

This is Job responding to his friends who were trying to figure out why he was going through such a difficult time.  Job tells them that God knows the ways he takes and that when He has tested him, he will come forth as gold.  Job knew he was being tested by God.  He didn’t give into his friends thinking he must have sinned or something.  He knew he was innocent and that this was only a test.  He also knew that testing refines and makes us come forth brighter and more refined.

Application:

Tests are not easy.  Nobody likes to be tested, but testing proves the value of something.  Testing demonstrates the quality of something.  Unless something is tested, you don’t know what it is worth.  We need to know when bad things are happening that are just happening and when we are being tested by the Lord.  When it is God’s test, and we pass, there will be a season of blessing following the test.  Our job is to come out of every test better than when we went in.

Prayer:

Father, help me to pass every test and to follow You completely.  Teach me to walk in Your ways and to live how Jesus lived on this earth.  When tests come, help me to pass them and to come out better than I went in.  Show me how to identify what is a test from You and what is simply life gone bad or bad things happening to good people.  Give me the discernment to know when I’m being tested and help me to stand firm.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment