Sunday, July 11, 2021

God’s Provision

 Scripture:

“For forty years you sustained them in the wilderness; they lacked nothing, their clothes did not wear out nor did their feet become swollen.”  ‭‭Nehemiah‬ ‭9:21‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Ezra and Nehemiah worked together in the rebuilding of the Temple and the restoration of worship to the people of God.  Nehemiah built the wall and Ezra was a scribe who read the Law and brought the people back to it and to worshiping correctly.  As Ezra was speaking to the people after reading the Law to them, he talked about God’s provision for His people when they were in the wilderness for forty years.  He was telling the people that God knows how to provide for His people out of nothing.

Application:

God’s provision is incredible.  He can make a way that we know nothing about.  In this passage, His people lacked nothing, their clothes didn’t wear out and their feet didn’t swell after forty years of traveling in the wilderness.  This is truly miraculous provision and it is how God takes care of His people.  When we don’t know about His provision, we can look to the Word and to our own experience.  God has worked supernaturally in my life in the area of provision and I have learned to trust Him more and more.  I want to trust Him at higher levels with my life.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for always taking care of me.  Thank You for always providing what I need.  You have never left me nor forsaken me and today I am thankful.  You have been very good to me.  Help me to appreciate Your provision and to walk in a way that please You every day.  Help me to trust You more.  If You can feed, clothe, and take care of millions of people in a desert, You can take care of me.

Yours Always,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment