Thursday, July 15, 2021

Every Truth Doesn’t Need Told

 Scripture:

“But Esther had kept secret her family background and nationality just as Mordecai had told her to do, for she continued to follow Mordecai’s instructions as she had done when he was bringing her up.”  ‭‭Esther‬ ‭2:20‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Esther was a smart woman, who followed the instructions of Mordecai, who raised her.  At this point she had been made queen because she was the most beautiful woman in the kingdom.  Mordecai told her not to reveal that she was a Jew and she didn’t.  Even her husband the king didn’t know her background.  Esther held back some information.

Application:

I have said for quite a while, “everything we say needs to be truth, but not every truth needs to be said.”   Just because it’s true, we don’t have to share it!  There are times we need to remain quiet about things we know to be true.  In all of these cases, we need to be led by the Holy Spirit, who will guide us into all truth.  Our desire should be to hear His voice and reveal what He wants revealed.  I want to be led by the Spirit and know when to speak and when to be silent.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk in step with the Spirit, only saying what He wants me to say.  Teach me to discipline my tongue not to speak everything I know, but to reveal what You want me to reveal.  More than anything Lord, I want to say what You are saying and not just what I know to be true.  You are my everything and I want to serve You well in my generation.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment