Wednesday, July 21, 2021

The Mediator

 Scripture:

“If only there were someone to mediate between us, someone to bring us together, someone to remove God’s rod from me, so that his terror would frighten me no more.”  ‭‭Job‬ ‭9:33-34‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

In this passage, Job is bringing his defense.  He cries out here for someone to mediate between him and God.  He was looking for someone to remove God’s rod from him so he didn’t have to fear.  Job was looking for something that would come many many generations later.  He was crying out to God for a mediator, someone who could stand before the Lord and represent him.  Job was looking for Jesus!

Application:

The beautiful thing about the cross is that Jesus paid the price to become our mediator.  We don’t stand before God alone.  We have a mediator who will represent us before the Father.  We have what Job desired.  We have the ability to go boldly into the throne of grace to obtain mercy and find grace in our time of need because of the blood of Jesus Christ.  He is our perfect mediator.  God provided Christ for us so we could approach Him at any time.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for sending Your Son to this earth to become our mediator.  What Job cried out for, I wan born into.  You are amazing!  I stand in awe of You!  You are my rock and fortress.  You are my strength and my song.  You are my delight and my passion.  You are everything to me.  Thank You Jesus for the cross and the price You paid so I could have access and a mediator.  I stand in awe of You.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment