Saturday, July 10, 2021

Don’t Entertain the Enemy

 Scripture:

“so I sent messengers to them with this reply: “I am carrying on a great project and cannot go down. Why should the work stop while I leave it and go down to you?””  ‭‭Nehemiah‬ ‭6:3‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Nehemiah had been approached by those who were his enemies to come and sit together and discuss things.  He didn’t do the polite thing and meet with them.  He told them he was too busy carrying on a great project and didn’t have time to talk to them.  He knew his purpose and he was determined to stay on focus until his purpose was completed.

Application:

There are times in life to be polite with people, even our enemies, but there is also a time to say, “I’m busy doing a great work for God and I don’t have time to listen to you.”  If the enemy can’t win, he will try to slow down your progress by meeting with you and trying to speak fear into your life.  We don’t have to entertain the enemy when we are on God’s great project.  Sometimes it’s better to stay at the great work than to meet with those who are in opposition.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to know when to be nice and when to be determined not to let anything or anyone slow me down.  Give me discernment to know when to meet people and when to keep pushing forward.  Show me how to get Your work done with excellence in the time You want it done.  Teach me to use my time well for Your purposes.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment