Sunday, July 18, 2021

Value Others

 Scripture:

“Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves,”. Philippians‬ ‭2:3‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells the Philippians that they should do nothing out of selfish ambition or conceit, but to value others above yourselves in humility.  Humility is probably one of the most godly attributes a person can have.  Even God said He opposes the proud and gives grace to the humble.  We value God when we value others.

Application:

I want to live a life that brings value to those around me.  I desire to increase people’s value instead of decreasing it to make myself look good.  I need to depend on the Lord and truly value others above myself.  This is easy to say, but difficult to live.  

Prayer:

Father, help me to value others more and more and to see them as more valuable than myself.  It is easy to see myself, my feelings, my passions, etc., but help me to see what will add value to those around me.  Help me to see others as more valuable than myself.  

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment