Friday, July 23, 2021

I Will See Him

Scripture:

“I myself will see him with my own eyes—I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!”  ‭‭Job‬ ‭19:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Prior to this verse, Job is speaking about his future and the grave he is going to.  He feels like his life is over and that God is taking him out of the picture.  Although he went through an incredible season of loss and destruction, Job knew in his heart, “I myself will see him with my own eyes - I, and not another.  How my heart yearns within me!”  Job’s heart was excited to see God.

Application:

Many years ago, Pentecostals especially sang many songs about going home to be with Jesus.  We sang about the sweet by and by when we will hear the sound and we will all fly away.  During trying seasons, we tend to look to the blessed hope of seeing Christ more and more.   When things are good, we enjoy life on this earth, but when things get really, really bad, we start longing for heaven.  I want to always remain confident in my present, that I will see Him and I want to live yearning and longing for that day.  I to always keep my eyes on eternity, even when things are going great.  Some people are afraid of death, I have always looked forward to death, because the other side is eternity with my Lord.

Prayer:

Father, let me never lose sight of You and seeing You one day.  While here on this earth, I want to give you my very best at all times.  I want to live this life with death in mind.  I want to live here, longing to be I with You.  I want you to come and move in my life and through my life, but I also long to see You face to face.  I love You Lord and look forward to eternity with You.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment