Tuesday, July 6, 2021

The Lord Moves the Hearts of Leaders

 Scripture:

“In the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, in order to fulfill the word of the Lord spoken by Jeremiah, the Lord moved the heart of Cyrus king of Persia to make a proclamation throughout his realm and also to put it in writing:”. ‭‭Ezra‬ ‭1:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Cyrus was the king of Persia, where God’s people had been in exile.  In this passage, it says that God moved the heart of Cyrus to make a proclamation to rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem.  Cyrus was the most powerful king in all the earth at that time, yet the God of Israel spoke to him and changed his heart toward God’s people and told him to rebuild their temple.  When God wants to get something done, he can use anyone He chooses to get the work done.

Application:

Sometimes, I can limit what God wants to do in my life by only seeing my current level of resources.  The fact is, God can have the king of a nation that doesn’t serve Him donate all the money for us to build what God wants for us if He wants it to happen.  God has the resources, and if those resources are in the hands of a king that doesn’t serve Him, He can turn their hearts and have them bless my life.  God can resource His kingdom through ungodly people if He needs to.  My goal must be to do what God is doing and speak what God is speaking, then He will make my enemies bless me if He has to.

Prayer:

Father God, You are amazing and I thank You for this word today.  You turn the hearts of kings and those with resources to accomplish Your will.  Bless my life, bless Word of Life and bless Hearts for the Harvest so we can do more for Your kingdom.  Use whoever is necessary to build Your kingdom.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment