Friday, July 30, 2021

Set, Focus, Lock-in on Heaven

 Scripture:

“Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.”  ‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells the Colossians that they have been raised with Christ.  He tells them, since they have been raised, they should set their hearts on things above, where Christ is.  Basically, he is saying that we need to focus more on Christ and on things above instead of the things on this earth below.

Application:

I need to live my life with heaven on my mind.  Rather than stressing about the things of the day, I need to focus in more on eternal things and the things of God.  He is my life and He brings me joy and peace. Rather than focusing too much on things here on earth, I need to set my heart on heaven.  It really doesn’t matter what I have on earth, it really matters what my mansion in heaven looks like. 

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me keep my focus on You and Your kingdom at all times.  Let my heart be locked in on heaven, where You are.  Teach me not to get upset over things in this world, but to set my heart on things that are important to You.  Convict me when I get off track and help me to set my heart on heaven until it consumes my life.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment