Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Stand

 Scripture:

“Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.”  ‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6:13‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells the Ephesians here to put on their full armor so that when the evil day comes, they can stand, and then reminds them to stand.  He doesn’t really clarify what “the day of evil” is, but I do realize we are living in the last days and the times we are living in are very evil.  We are to put on the armor and stand our ground.  God’s our defender and fights our battles, but we are called upon to stand.

Application:

God has chosen to always work together with us.  We are always involved in the way He gets things done.  We play a role and He plays a role.  Today is the first time in all of my years of reading this passage, that I have noticed that it never tells us to fight.  It tells us to put on the armor and then stand.  Maybe we are fighting battles when we should be standing and letting God fight our battles.  We put on the armor and then stand.  God fights on our behalf and He is a much better fighter than I will ever be.  When the enemy comes in, I must stand firm and strong in faith unwavering.  I need to have my armor on, but God will take care of me if I stand for Him.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to stand strong this morning.  Help me to stand when things around me seem to be getting more and more evil every day.  Help me to stand for righteousness and truth in a day when truth is hard to find.  Help me to keep my armor on and stand strong, never wavering in faith.  Enable me to accomplish all that You have for my life. 

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment