Wednesday, July 7, 2021

The Hand of the Lord

 Scripture:

“this Ezra came up from Babylon. He was a teacher well versed in the Law of Moses, which the Lord, the God of Israel, had given. The king had granted him everything he asked, for the hand of the Lord his God was on him.”  ‭‭Ezra‬ ‭7:6‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

King Artaxerxes was approached to stop the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem and he was smart.  He asked about the decree of Cyrus, the Persian king who told them to rebuild.  When he read what was written by Cyrus, he decided to continue the work and make sure it was done.  He granted Ezra everything  he needed to rebuild the Temple of God.  It says the hand of the Lord his God was upon him and that is really why he was granted everything he needed.

Application:

The most important thing we can have in our lives is the hand of God upon us.  When God’s hand is upon us, things will go well with us and we will see His blessing.  We should seek to have God’s hand on our lives.  When the imprint of God’s hand is seen on us, nobody can stand against us.  We must seek the Lord and ask Him to put His mighty hand on our lives so that even the politicians do what we ask.  I need the tough of God in every area of my life.

Prayer:

Father, let You hand be evident upon my life.  Let everything I touch be blessed.  Let my words be Your words and my voice be Your voice.  Help me to stay in right relationship with You.  Help me to walk according to Your ways and to live how You want me to.  My life is Yours.  Use it for Your glory, but do let Your mighty hand be upon everything I say and do.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment