Saturday, July 3, 2021

Pay Attention

Scripture:

 “The Lord spoke to Manasseh and his people, but they paid no attention.”  ‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭33:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

This scripture is so sad.  It tells us that God was speaking to Manasseh and his people, but they were not paying attention.  The results were devastating and not what God’s will was.  When we don’t play attention to what God is saying, we can expect devastating results.

Application:

God is speaking!  Are we listening?  Am I paying attention or just doing what I want to do?  Does God have my attention?  These are great questions.  I never want to be in a place where I’m not paying attention to the voice of the Lord.  I want to know what He has to say to me every day.  When God speaks, I want to be listening.  The problem is, it is easy to neglect the voice of God because I get busy doing what I think I’m suppose to be doing.  I want to live tuned into the voice of God at all times.

Prayer:

Father, I want to pay attention to Your voice.  Forgive me for the times You have spoken, but I have not paid attention.  Forgive me for the times I was too busy to hear what You were saying.  Help me, especially during this Sabbatical, to hear Your voice and to follow completely whatever You put into my hands to do.  I want to serve You well and I want to pay attention.  Speak Lord Your servant is listening.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment