Saturday, July 17, 2021

Rejoice that Christ is Preached

Scripture:

 “But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice,” ‭‭Philippians‬ ‭1:18‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Paul was writing Philippians from prison and telling the people that it was all for God’s glory and the extension of the kingdom.  He then went into a section talking about those who were preaching Christ with wrong motives.  He says, “What does it matter?” What their motives are.  Paul was rejoicing that Christ was being preached, whether with right motives or wrong motives.

Application:

It is easy to judge others who who are in ministry.  It is easy to criticize, tear down, or belittle other ministries because we think they are operating out of wrong motives, or because we think they are watering down the Gospel, etc.  The fact is, they are probably reaching people I will never reach.  What does it matter whether they are using gimmicks, etc. if the Gospel is being preached.  We should spend more time rejoicing about Christ being preached than tearing down other preachers who are not doing things the way we think they should.  I need to be careful to be uplifting to those who are preaching Christ.

Prayer:

Father, help me to always refrain from putting down other ministries or comparing ourselves with other ministries.  Help me to focus on what You have called me to do and to rejoice that Christ is being preached in other places and in other ways.  Help me not to judge my brothers and sisters, but to be an encouragement to those who are preaching Your word.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment