Monday, July 12, 2021

Don’t Neglect God’s House

Scripture:

 “So I rebuked the officials and asked them, “Why is the house of God neglected?” Then I called them together and stationed them at their posts.”  ‭‭Nehemiah‬ ‭13:11‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Nehemiah went back to the king for.a short season to check in and ask for some other things, when he returned, he realized that people in the house of God were not serving as they were suppose to.  They were not at their assigned posts.  He rebuked them and sent them to their posts where they were supposed to be serving.  His question… “Why is the house of God neglected?”

Application:

I ask the same question today… “Why is the house of God neglected?”  I grew up in church with my father taking me and my brother to the church every Saturday evening simple to make sure everything in the church was clean, in working order, and ready for Sunday worship.  If there was a light bulb our, we replaced it.  If there was trash, we took it out.  If there was a toilet that wasn’t working, we fixed it.  God’s house was never neglected when my dad was around.  I am similar.  I never want to neglect God’s house.  I believe it should be well taken care of.  We should give God our very best.

Prayer:

Father, help me to never neglect Your house, but to honor You by honoring Your house.  Teach me Your ways.  Thank You for a father who taught me never to neglect the house of God, but to take care of it and make sure everything was ready for Sunday worship for God’s people.  Help me to keep the house in order and Your people serving You well..  Teach me to rebuke when necessary to ensure Your house is not neglected.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment