Tuesday, July 27, 2021

God’s Eyes

 Scripture:

“He does not take his eyes off the righteous; he enthrones them with kings and exalts them forever.”  ‭‭Job‬ ‭36:7‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

Job’s friends are not known for giving him the greatest advice, but Elihu here speaks of God very accurately.  He tells Job that God doesn’t take His eyes off the righteous, but lifts them up and exalts them forever.  God’s eyes are on those who fear Him.  He doesn’t take His eyes off them for a minute.  God sees exactly where we are today.

Application:

We can walk confident in Christ because God never takes His eyes off the righteous.  What Elihu didn’t know at the time is that our righteousness is not our own, but is Christ’s righteousness imputed to us.  When God looks at my righteousness, He doesn’t see Jeff Jacob, but His Son Jesus Christ, who is my righteousness.  He never takes His eyes off me.  He is watching everything I do and directing my path.  He will also lift me up at His time.

Prayer:

Father, Thank You for reminding me that You never take Your eyes off of my, even for a second.  Every moment of my life, You are watching over me and lifting me up.  You exalt and You put down.  You are amazing.  I entrust my life, my future, my family, my church, and my community into Your incredible hands.  Thanks for watching!

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment