Monday, July 19, 2021

God’s Hedge

 Scripture:

““Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land.”  ‭‭Job‬ ‭1:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Observation:

God had put a hedge around Job’s life that protected him from any attacks of the evil one.  Satan told God that Job just followed the Lord because he had this special hedge around his life that stopped Satan from attacking him.  When Satan, asked, God dropped the hedge.  I don’t want to go into the theology here of whether hedges are scriptural, but I do know Scripture strongly supports that God defends His people.

Application:

God can take care of His people!  He is amazing at protecting and taking care of us.  He delights in defending us from the powers of the enemy.  I need to learn to trust the Lord more and more each day.  He can take care of his own and shelter us in precious arms of His protection.  He can put a hedge around us to protect us if He desires.  He can and will do whatever it takes to bless and prosper His children and I am one of them.  I am loved, protected, provided for and talked incredible care of by my Father in Heaven.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for showing me Your loving protection this morning.  Thank You for being my guard and my protector.  You are my hedge of protection.  Help me to walk with You at a deeper level each day and to walk in Your goodness.  Place Your protective hedge around my home, my family, my church, and my city I pray.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment