Friday, October 18, 2019

When God Changes His Mind


Scripture:

“But if you stop your sinning and begin to obey the Lord your God, he will change his mind about this disaster that he has announced against you.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭26:13‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah told the people that if they would stop their sin and begin obeying the Lord that He would change His mind about destroying them.  God’s messages of impending judgment always come with a way of escape.  When we turn to Him, He turns to us.  When we humble ourselves before Him, He will change what He had determined to do.  Even what is prophesied depends on us.

Application:

I want to live a life that the Lord can bless.  Wherever there is disobedience in my life, I want God to point it out and I want to fix it.  I want to walk in complete obedience to the Lord and what He has spoken, but I need to hear clearly.  I want the Lord’s direction in my life desperately because I want to fulfill it.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty.  You are incredible!  Your faithfulness reaches the heavens and your goodness knows no bounds.  Open my ears to hear and me eyes to see what You desire from me.  Show me how to lead my family.  Show me how to lead my church.  Show me what You desire and when I obey, bless my life with prosperity, favor, and grace.

Yours,
Jeff

1 comment: