Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Pray for Us

Scripture:

“Jeremiah the prophet. They said, “Please pray to the Lord your God for us. As you can see, we are only a tiny remnant compared to what we were before. Pray that the Lord your God will show us what to do and where to go.””
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭42:2-3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The people had been seriously reduced in size and had nothing left.  They planned to go to Egypt where maybe they could survive instead of being punished by the Babylonians.  They asked Jeremiah to pray for them so they would know what to do and where to go.  They had already decided what they were going to do, but went to Jeremiah to get God to bless their plans.   Instead God told them they would be destroyed in Egypt as well.

Application:

Many times in our lives we pray that God will bless our decisions and give us what we want.  God knows what we need, we know what we want.  We must learn to pray in accordance with God’s will on the situations we face.  We can’t make our decisions then ask God to bless them.  We need to seek the Lord before the decision is made, then do what He says.

Prayer:

God, you know my heart.  You know I want to do Your will in the earth.  I long to hear Your voice clearly.  I long to know Your heart and Your desires.  Open my ears to hear You and to know what You want done in each and every situation in my life.  Help me not to take things into my own hands, then ask You to bless my decisions.  I want Your input on all things.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment