Thursday, October 10, 2019

They Will Fight You

Scripture:

“They will fight you, but they will fail. For I am with you, and I will take care of you. I, the Lord, have spoken!””
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭1:19‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God told Jeremiah that He was putting His word in Jeremiah’s mouth and that he was to speak it no matter what the people did.  He also told him that the people would fight against him, but they would fail because God was with him and would take care of him.  God didn’t give Jeremiah false hope, He told him clearly that people would be against him, but that God would be with him.

Application:

Sometimes when things are not going the way we want them to, we feel like God must not be with us.  Sometimes as a leader, when people don’t jump on board with all our thoughts and words, we feel like something is wrong.  Sometimes God will send you to speak His word to a people who won’t listen, our job is to be obedient to Him and do what He wants instead of what we see as successful.  Doing what He wants guarantees He will be with me andI want that more than anything else.

Prayer:

Father, help me to walk strong in the calling You have given me.  Teach me not to equate certain things with being a successful minister.  Help me to see obedience to You as my primary calling and to leave the results to You.  When people fight against me, help me not to see it as rejecting me, it rejecting You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment