Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Oh That You Had Listened

Scripture:

“Oh, that you had listened to my commands! Then you would have had peace flowing like a gentle river and righteousness rolling over you like waves in the sea.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭48:18‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God is crying out here to His people Israel who had walked away from Him and ended up in Babylonian captivity.  He says that He wished they had listened to His commands.  If they had, He says they would have had peace like a river and righteousness like waves of the sea.

Application:

When we obey God’s commands, we can expect to walk in peace and righteousness.  There is great peace in following the Lord.  He is our peace. Trusting Him and doing things His way, always brings peace into our lives.  When we try to do things our own way, we end up in chaos, but the Lord brings peace to those who trust Him and live the way He wants.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are incredible and You love Your people.  You loved me before I was ever born.  You knew the days of my life before I ever lived one of them.  Teach me to trust You more with my life, my future, and everything else.  Help me to walk as an obedient son who doesn’t ask questions, but simply obeys his father.  Let Your peace fill my life like a gentle river and Your righteousness roll over my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment