Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Don’t Lose Your Luster

Scripture:

“How the gold has lost its luster! Even the finest gold has become dull. The sacred gemstones lie scattered in the streets!”
‭‭Lamentations‬ ‭4:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Jeremiah is lamenting about Jerusalem and Judah because of the state of things there during the Babylonian captivity.  He says how the gold has lost its luster and become dull.  In other words, the potential for beauty was there, but it had lost its shine.   The only way for it to get back was to have the Lord bring back the captives and turn things around.

Application:

Sometimes in my life, my luster shines brighter than others.  When you are walking the Spirit and things are going well, you feel like you shine bright, but then things start going out of your control and you quickly lose your shine.  This little light of mine becomes very true.  Jeremiah’s remedy was to turn back to God.  When our shine goes dim, we need to begin to seek the Lord.  In His presence is fulness of joy.  Everything we need is found in Him.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to walk with You continually and never lose my shine and luster.  I want to shine bright for you all the days of my life.  Help me to walk in step with Your Spirit and to be refreshed in Your presence continually.  I want to dwell with You.  I want to be with You and let Your glory fill my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment